Honors Anatomy and Physiology Assignments:
Go to the following website to answer the questions below: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/causes
1. Click on “cancer prevention overview.” Which avoidable environmental factor is linked to 30% of cancer deaths?
2. Click on “asbestos exposure and cancer risk.” Scroll down to find what are the health hazards of people exposed to asbestos.
3. Click on “hair dyes and cancer risk.” Read the first few paragraphs to find what cancer hairdressers and barbers are at risk for.
4. Click on “artificial sweeteners and cancer.” Scroll down to find out what studies in laboratory rats during the 1970s said about Saccharin.
5. Click on “chemicals in meat at high temperatures and cancer risk” to find out how the chemicals HCA and PAH are formed.
6. Click on “cell phones and cancer risk” and scroll down to find out what parts of the body may be affected during cell phone use.
7. Click on “physical activity and cancer” and scroll down to find how much physical activity adults need.